Insurance firms have the data that show that properties with an home alarm are less likely to make a claim?
Statistics show that there were over seven thousand domestic and commercial premises burglaries in Bristol last year so improving your home security is vital to avoid becoming part of these statistics.
- Government reports show that 84% of criminals are put off by alarms and 82% would be deterred by closed circuit television surveillance
- Alarm installation on some estates in Safe and Secure Homes Schemes have reduced break ins by 80% and result in whole communities feeling safer (BBC report)
Why would an burglar want to take extra risks with an alarm?
Where are the vulnerable points in your property’s security? Are there open windows, windows with no locks or an unlocked shed full of useful tools? Do you have a noisy gravel drive or pathway which would alert neighbors to the presence of an intruder? How visible is the exterior burglar alarm box? Is there a second alarm box at the back of the property?
Bristol intruder alarm installation protects property
For every property with an intruder alarm, there are at least nine without. Reformed burglars who work with police in Bristol report that they would walk past the properties with burglar alarms and target the ones without.
So get an alarm as a warning device quickly and prevent harm to your business.
How do I choose a the right Burglar alarms
Alarms can be audible only, monitored or DIY.
- False alarms triggered by badly installed Do it yourself alarms are not looked on favorably by police or fire authorities and are therefore not advised.
- To receive a response from law enforcement authorities from an audible only alarm, there usually a first hand eye witness report.
- Monitored alarms are particularly useful for isolated properties. They are usually monitored via an ARC which filters out false alarms and then informs the police. Police respond to monitored alarms automatically.
Prevent a break-in
Getting the correct burglar alarm depends on finding one that that is right for each household. Some specialist Bristol alarm installation companies offer a free security survey and will help you identify the right alarm system for your business. This personalized survey will show you exactly what needs to be done to offer an effective deterrent to intruders and protection. They can design, install and maintain your security and fire alarm system so that it continues to provide the protection you need and lower your insurance premiums.